[meteorite-list] TUCSON AUCTIONS

From: Dave Carothers <david.carothers_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 13:18:49 -0500

Dear list members,

> on February 10, 2007 9:26 AM, Michael L Blood at mlblood at cox.net wrote:
> Someone commented to the effect that putting together
> a well organized auction of 100 pieces was child's play. They
> obviously have never put together an auction.

I had the pleasure of working for Mike Blood at this years Tucson auction.
When you are working behind the scenes at an auction it really is rather
intimidating. It becomes readily apparent that there are any number of
situations that could occur that could have an adverse impact on the
auction. On the other hand, it was truely amazing to see the processes and
controls Mike has in play to counteract these potential threats and ensure a
good auction. Mike does make the auction process look easy, but that is due
to his professionalism and hundreds of hours of hard work on his part both
before, during, and after the auction. Please.... don't ever think that
putting together and managing any auction is easy.

Regards,

Dave