[meteorite-list] Larry's Holbrook Holy Grail Find

From: Maria Haas <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:25:56 -0800

Hello All,

Even though I was there, I can't wait to read Larry's article in Meteorite
Magazine!

As you all know by now, after we left Holbrook we spent the rest of the week
hunting Franconia and Gold Basin. For the additional five days I was with
him and that stone (when we weren't hunting) we looked at it and talked
about it and looked at it again. We weighed it at two post offices, shared
babysitting duties, looked at it again and talked about it again. It never
got old.

It isn't just the hunt and the find that's exciting for me, I also hunt
vicariously through everyone in the field. The stories make me want to hunt
and the cycle (sickness) continues.

Larry failed to mention that he shares a birthday with Sikhote Alin! I guess
not everyone shouts from the rooftops like someone else I know <insert big
goofy grin here>.

Happy Birthday Larry!

Maria