[meteorite-list] Cutting a Window

From: Randall Gregory <randall_gregory_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:09:26 -0800 (PST)

My understanding is that polishing a window is normally used for gemstones. I'm wondering how polishing might affect the internal matrix of a meteorite.

  Randall

Greg Hupe <gmhupe at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
  Hi Gary,

You can always polish a window instead of cutting one. That is, unless you
would like a small end cut to go with the larger stone as well.

Have fun!
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection