[meteorite-list] Allan, Iris

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:39:20 -0800

Hi fellow list members,
        While I have no personal knowledge about the "Achim accusation,"
stating that it is "proven fact" does remind me that Mike Farmer posted
a list of final sale prices (as "proven fact"). In fact, I was,
understandably, concerned that I had paid far more than twice the amount
listed for the piece I bought as an absentee bidder. I contacted Allan
about it and he provided me with the information of the person who was
the second highest bidder and I contacted that person to confirm that,
in "fact" he had placed a maximum bid just under what I was charged.
So much for that half of the story.
        Clearly Allan & Iris would have served themselves much better had
they made the highest absentee bid known at the live auction, and I
suspect they will not make that error again. However, it is entirely
understandable - especially for a first time live auction and in no way
whatsoever constituted the fraud they were accused of in this regard.
        That is a "fact."
        As for the "Achim incident," Achim is the only person who is
appropriate to address this issue and if it is not resolved to his
satisfaction he can take legal action, post his grievances, etc. The
list members clearly no longer wish to hear from other than Achim
continually banging this drum on the list.
         Of course, I could be wrong. I cannot speak for everyone on the
list, only to the part of the brew-ha-ha that affected me - and that
proved to be spurious.
         Best wishes, Michael

--
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an
opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart!"