[meteorite-list] Langs' Auction - I Hope This Is The Last Time

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:48:50 -0800 (PST)

Again Geoff, I must completely disagree.
I am not arguing, not fighting, nothing but speaking
the simple truth about what I was told.

Geoff, I had a discussion with Iris and Al on Monday
morning, the day I came back up to the Westward Look
to buy more items from al before he closed. He told me
and Iris told me point blank that the items had been
stolen. We had a long discussion about suggestions for
next year, among them that the cases would be locked
and after the auction, everyone would line up outside
and one at a time be allowed in the room and Al would
get the items out one at a time to prevent THEFT since
the items had been stolen. We discused the theft for a
time, and I told them about thefts that has occurred
at the Inn suites and Days Inn.
Geoff, I do not recall you being in the room at that
time, but I was told in no uncertain terms that the
items had been stolen and they were angry about it.
I went back to the hotel the next morning when Achim
came back and told me that Al had again told him the
items were STOLEN, reported it to the list.
NEVER were the words "misplaced" or "lost" used to
myself or Achim about his items, only STOLEM. Geoff,
it is easy after a week of controversy to come out and
say that it was all a simple misunderstanding, but the
timeline suggest that it was not.
I know that Peter Marmet and the other buyer (you know
who it is I assume) had been told Monday that they won
the items, the same day that the items had been
reported to me as stolen, and the day BEFORE they were
reported to Achim as stolen.
A little too much for me to believe.
Now, since you were not there, perhaps you could stay
out of it, and not just repeat the version you heard
after the fact.
That is why I jumped into this, I was used and
embarrassed to report the items stolen to both help Al
and Achim, only to learn that they were not stolen,
only sold to other people.
Again, this is pretty easy stuff, I agree, people
should make their own minds on this one.
Michael Farmer

By the way, even friends disagree from time to time,
no big deal.