[meteorite-list] www.venusmeteorite.com - what are youropinions on this claim

From: Randall Gregory <randall_gregory_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:26:50 -0800 (PST)

Mr. Gallo,

  Thank you for your reply. I am very anxious to see the pictures of the rock that you found. If you could please provide a few good close-ups taken in both natural (sunlight) and indoor flash showing details in the fusion crust and the internal matrix. I will take into account color variations. The picture on venusmeteorite.com apparently was shot indoors and mine outdoors. I used a Nikon F100 with Fuji Provia professional film. I don't expect professional photos, but I would like them to be of high quality. I am enclosing another picture of my rock and the picture in venusmeteorite.com to help you in your assessment of your rock. Please compare the two pictures noting the fusion crust and internal matrix. If at all possible, could you also provide information as to where the rock was found, why this particular rock was collected, and what do you believe it is. I will gladly hold true to my offer if indeed the rock is identical to the one on venusmeteorite.com and my rock.
 The $250 bucks will be immediately sent to you upon confirmation. But, I also want you to understand that your rock can't be somewhat similar, it has to be identical. If we should disagree, I will ask other members of this forum for their assessment.. My sample is absolutely identical to the first few pictures in venusmeteorite.com. He found his in Utah, I found mine in Peru.

  Sincerely,

  Randall

gian paolo gallo gallo <gianpgg at hotmail.com> wrote:

  Saludos , Mr Randall. Greetings from Venezuela. We have found a stone here in our State, that looks like somewhat the basalt looking stone of venusmeteorites.com. We are sending you a picture of it, hope it will help you and you will help us with the 250 bucks.
  Best regards,
  Paolo Gallo, M.V.