[meteorite-list] Carsten's amazing new CK4 NWA 4679

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:18:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bernd -

--- bernd.pauli at paulinet.de wrote:

> Whenever I tell myself or promise my wife "no
> further meteorite purchases
> in the near future", another exotic, unique, "must
> have" critter from space
> descends on me and shatters such solemn promises.

Are they flying your wife to Tuscon next year as well?
Or have they figured out yet what you're supposed to
do when you get back home? Or are they planning on
keeping you in the States for a few months until
things cool down back home? Maybe a couple of field
hunts?

I have just returned to Illinois, and I'd like to
thank everyone for the fine time in Tuscon - there's
so many to thank, but thanks especially to Mexico Doug
for his help and guidance. Bernd, I recommend you
take a limited amount of cash with you and let Doug do
your deals - otherwise, I think you may end up having
to go back to work, if not to rebuild your bank
account, then to pay alimony. So many meteorites...

I sold every copy of "Man and Impact in the Americas"
that I had with me, and I hope those who purchased it
are enjoying it. Anyone who wanted a copy at the show
price of $20 but did not get it, contact me off list.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone, and I hope I did
not offend anyone with my clumsiness - though it does
not show, my stroke has left me with some pretty
ragged at points. Yes, orbital velocity for asteroids
does vary with position, and on this more later.

I am going to try to put together a detailed thank you
list sometime in the next few days...

all the best,
Ed