[meteorite-list] Mesosiderite Redux

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:00:06 -0000

Yep, it is certainly as close as it gets, from a photo at least, I was
pretty amazed by NWA 074 first time I saw it, actually, its quite
stunning for 'just an H6'. I think the key giveaway is in the uniformity
of the Iron, in a MESO I would have expected a bit more 'clumpyness' to
the Iron, the slice you showed has a nice uniform interspersion of metal
just like in an H. There also appears to be slight chrondule like
features in the matrix, and from what I remember of NWA 074 the matrix
is a generally a light brown colour (due to the higher iron), which
actually hides the light brown chondrules that are there quite well!

Just my thoughts mind you, worth getting it checked out if you are
unsure.

Best

Mark Ford