[meteorite-list] Fukang preparation extraneous material

From: Matt Morgan <mmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:01:17 -0700

Howard:
I have seen this in a few pallasites recently and it is can be
unsightly. It is a resin that is used to keep the thin slices from
falling apart. Also, I had some Seymchan recently cut (by a very
well-known person) and noticed he used some lacquer to hold together the
crusted surface of the piece where the olivine would come off. I
thought it was pretty ugly and removed the lacquer. Would rather have a
missing crystal than a blob of lacquer! Yuck.

Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites