[meteorite-list] Dwarf Planet 'Becoming A Comet' (2003 EL61)

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:37:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi Sterling -

For a history of the effects in North, Central, and
South America of Earth's recent encounter with Comet
Encke, see my book "Man and Impact in the Americas".

The current thinking is that SW3 will sublimate into
dust, but I am not very sure about that. In the worst
 case, it appears to be no big hazard, with say only
5kt-15kt blasts in 2022, and Earth is a big planet.

good hunting,
Ed

--- "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net>

<http://www.mail-archive.com/meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com/msg48060.html>