[meteorite-list] Hambleton Pallasite - reprise

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2007 18:24:36 UT

Dave: "I am surprised that no one had any real questions regarding this fantastic find."
Martin: "Yep only 5 emails about that sensational find in the archives...."
Gary: "Dave, You're right."

Hello All,

As for myself, I don't quite agree for at least two reasons:

1) I knew about Hambleton as early as Sunday, April 09, 2006 but was kindly asked
   by Rob not to talk about it (yet). He wrote: "Robert Hutchison has even come
   out of retirement to work on it. I'm not ready to release this publicly yet,
   but I thought you'd be interested to hear about it."

2) Discussing new or not so new falls/finds usually starts on this list as soon
   as list members have been able to acquire specimens they can look at, "fondle",
   touch and talk about. The few (reatively large) specimens offered for sale were
   far beyond the budget of most among us, I guess.

Best Saturday wishes,

Bernd