[meteorite-list] Baszkowka and Tazerzait

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 16:45:16 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

You know what... I just googled the question myself and got the same
references - also a piece by David Weir! Sorry to have wasted the List's
efforts - I should make it my mantra of 2007 "Google first, ask questions
second!"

What is interesting is that I had noticed on my slice of Taz, are the micro
crystals in the vugs, again - I noticed that someone had tried to photograph
them. As a collector of terrestrial rocks as well, this fascinates me as to
whether xls formed in micro or milligravity would be different to their
terrestrial counterparts. I suspect that because the xls are so small (0
1mm or so) that they would retain the same euhedral shapes as equivalently
small xls on Earth.
The only xls I was able to identify were probably FeS (ie Troilite/Pyrite)
but I guess there might be more silicates...

Very interesting stuff!