[meteorite-list] Steve & Geoff on PBS Tomorrow

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 18:17:38 -0700

Dear Listees:

New Year's greetings to you all from sunny Tucson, AZ. It *is* still
sunny, but unusually cool for Tucson. We had snow on the mountains for
two days and just yesterday I saw a person wearing a scarf! Can you
imagine : )

First off, Steve Arnold #1 and I would like to thank all of you who
tuned in to see us on "Cash & Treasures" on the Travel Channel. Our
episode will repeat eight more times during the next month or so. I
believe it airs twice during the Gem Show, so our overseas friends who
will be here will have a chance to see it (Do I hear "Party in
Chladni's Heirs hotel room"?).

We're very excited to announce that our new show, "Wired Science" will
debut here in the U.S. tomorrow night at 8 pm Eastern. It appears to be
airing on all PBS affiliates, so you should be able to pick it up
anywhere in the U.S., and hopefully Canada too.

PBS really knows how to run a website. If you go to this page:

http://www.pbs.org/kcet/wiredscience/local-listings.html

. . . and key in your zip code, it will immediately produce all your
local broadcast times.

In some areas, the show will premiere on Thursday, Jan. 4 (out here for
example), not tomorrow, so do please check your local listings.

"Wired Science" is a one-hour pilot for a new science series. It is a
joint venture between the famous technology magazine, "Wired," and KCET
(PBS). The show is made up of seven separate segments, of which ours is
the first, so don't tune in late!

Steve and I have already seen the show, and are very pleased with it.
During the program, we visit with the Brenham Meteorite Company's
1,430-lb pallasite at the Exploration Center in Wichita, Kansas, and
then head on to the Brenham strewnfield where we put The Meteorite
Trolley thorough its paces and excavate . . . well, I don't want to
give it all away.

Also featured in the show is our good friend Teresa Moss, Director of
the Monnig Meteorite Gallery, who takes viewers on a tour of the
museum, and demonstrates what pallasites look like on the inside.

I've put together a behind-the-scenes special about "Wired Science" on
my website, with lots of "making-of" photos:

http://www.aerolite.org/wired-science.htm

Steve and I hope you enjoy the program, and we're looking forward to
seeing many of you out here . . . just next month.

Best wishes,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org

Official supplier of Steve Arnold Brenham meteorites
http://www.aerolite.org/brenham-irons.htm