[meteorite-list] Meteor lights up Montreal morning sky

From: Gaetan Cormier <shattercone_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 13:17:12 -0500

Hello all!

Just a quick observation. This morning after waking up (around 06:05) I went
to wake up my 2 year old daughter and when I went to her room, I looked
through the window, it was clear skies and still dark and than bright
fireball streaked downward. What I saw lasted for about 2 seconds (I did not
see it light up, it came into my view) I could see the trail for about 30
seconds, keep in mind I live in a heavy light polluted area, so with darker
skies it must of been visible for longer.

I estimate the brightness of the fireball at -8 magnitude. Using Starry
Night Enthousiast, here is a pic of the trajectory of what I saw:
http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/5221/bolidebe1.jpg

It's cool, it's seems there's a lot of stuff getting in our atmosphere these
days ;)

Cheers!
--
Gaetan Cormier
Member of the Impact Field Studies Group