[meteorite-list] Another eBay Correction - "Fossil" NWA 2828

From: Mark <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 22:00:48 -0500

Hi Greg

I know fossil comes from "to dig" or something on that order, and it's a
ready choice given the popular knowledge of the word. But, in this case
scientists shouldn't be overly concerned how the general public understands
it, what with other terms they use to describe meteorites and rocks in
general, what's one more term?
There's no hard feelings about it on my part. And it sure isn't your fault.
I'm just pointing out the obvious. If it's an accepted term or adopted as
the case may be, you sure can use it until a change comes along.

I sure don't mean to cause you any extra work either. You can never tell,
they might come up with one of those humorous sounding terms like bleb.

Mark

Mark