[meteorite-list] D. New's old meteorite lists

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 19:34:57 +0100

Hi Alex, all,

Alex, it seems we were almost at the same place at the same time in the
recent past when we both started collecting meteorites (I did in 1992
thanks to David's wise advice, probably you earlier ?).
I visited him in Anacortes in 1992 and 1995, at least for meteorites (I did
several other times for minerals, in Mukilteo, where David lived before
moving a little bit Southwards to Anacortes, since...1980).
And yes: all my 100+ thin sections did come exclusively from David as well.

Your idea to try to find out and gather David's old lists describing
meteorites and their prices is indeed brillant!
I certainly second it.
I am also ready to contribute but am affraid having only a few of them,
basically from 1993 up to ...?
I am sure Bernd could help as well. Perhaps (certainly ?) Mark (Bostick)
and many more of you guys from overseas, I believe.

Well, the idea is:
Shall I ask...David ?
Let me reassure you, Margaret and David are doing very well and are in
excellent shape! I got news from them...some minutes ago.
I know that he is not anymore really willing to remain on the scene so we
use stay in touch for many things we have in common, other than meteorites,
but certainly still also meteorites, at least regarding general debates and
advices David can provide.
I can at least ask hiw whether he still has copies of his past lists in his
files and whether he can agree we use these lists for the best of the
reasons: preserve a specific cultural heritage.

I know that David nowadays prefers remaining more "behind the curtain" so I
would prefer first hear your feelings for such contact to be pertinent,
before trying to contact him officially for that, on anynone's behalf.

Let me know your thoughts.

Alex, we have much to talk about this passionate past times, in the 2007
Ensisheim session, if you can make it...

Cordially,

Zelimir

A 19:03 08/01/2007 +0100, Alexander Seidel a ?crit :

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace
ENSCMu, Lab. GSEC,
3, Rue A. Werner,