[meteorite-list] David New

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 17:34:42 -0600

Trammell noted "I have purchased diamonds from him."

David New is a long time diamond expert. I was talking about this with a
friend of his, Art Elhmann (TCU curator) once as David is a common friend.
Art and David have been good friends for years. Art noted to me that David
use to go to the mineral shows and search for diamonds with a perfect
natural crystal formation. Sellers thought it was strange as he was less
interested with what the diamond looked like inside. Personally I think I
would rather have a natural one with perfect shape then one with a terrible
shape but a microscopic flaw inside...comparatively.

Clear Skies,
Mark