[meteorite-list] fossil meteorite

From: Bill <glixard_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:30:14 -0800

Hi Bob and all,

A term or two to describe these old/ancient/reallyold, yes reallyold, bits isn't all that important. There's usually no way to date them to fossil layers as has been pointed out. It is thrilling when they are found in boundaries that are defined. I understand the need to categorize but I propose it is impossible to do so in most cases.

Bill