[meteorite-list] NWA 3159 - Vesicular, plutonic eucrite with (pre-)terrestrial crystals?

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 16:13:14 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Hi,
My Mt. Taz definitely has euhedral crystals in the vesicles - unfortunately,
my binocular microscope only magnifies to about x35 or so and they are very
small (very sub-mm ) but become apparent when the specimen is tilted and the
light glints off the faces.

The structure is typically pyritohedral in shape - I am assuming (a
dangerous thing to do) that these are Troilite xls.

..and I never got a response as to what gases made the vesicular structure!

Best

Dave
IMCA #0092
Sec.BIMS