[meteorite-list] small irons

From: Michael Murray <mmurray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:12:32 -0700

Hi Everybody,
Wanted to share some pictures of some small irons I found...suspect
they are pieces of kamacite plates, or maybe plessitic? The small
one at lower right in first picture is from a different fall than
other four in that photo. Interestingly, no rust. If you can, try
zooming in to see more flow lines. Picture two is the top piece
showing far left side. Shows bright brassy plate on the end of it.
Shribersite? I'm curious to know, does kamacite rust? I have 6
pieces like these altogether from 3 different falls and no rust
showing on any of them. Sorry the pics not real good. Took them
through the eyepiece. Size= very small. The width of view in the
first picture is approximately 13mm.

Michael Murray
Western Colorado