[meteorite-list] Stolen NWA 869

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:57:03 -0500

Hi Rob,

Sounds like you may have a secure storage business ready to go! lol Where I live there
has been little crime - my town's population is only 400, though the more metropolitan
North Conway, where I get my mail, has seen a large increase in recent years. All of
11,000 people living there - they even had a murder there this year! The thing that
hurts the most is that it had to be a 'friend' who took my 869 as a thief in general
would have taken the whole collection, not just one piece.

So, its all out of the no-lock wall displays and into a strongbox for now until I can get
a heavy enough safe to not get carried away. Then it will go there. Imagine - a
collection one is afraid to display. Takes a lot of the fun out of it :(

Gary