[meteorite-list] Stolen NWA 869

From: Bill <glixard_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:10:07 -0800

Welcome Mark. Here's a more recent story.

"On August 14, 1992, dozens of rocks fell on the African town of Mbale in Uganda (Sky & Telescope: June 1993, page 96). Local residents ground up some of the fragments and ingested the powder as medicine. They believed the rocks had been sent by their god to cure AIDS."

Bill