[meteorite-list] Exciting New meteorite material....Mokoia, Wairarapa and Alta Ameem

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:58:52 +1000

Graham

Firstly - congratulations on your new trade acquisitions

However - methinx that you should not be touting Mokoia as a hammer

Its difficult to know who coined the term "hammer" but Michael Blood has
certainly popularised it as a instantly recognised term in the meteorite
community

Walter Branch put a wot I feel to be lovely definition of wot a hammer stone
should be on the hits page now maintained by IMCA

Methinks Mokoia is better described as an observed fall or as my popularised
term - the nearly nailed

To say it is a hammer when it is not will simply I feel confuse matters and
misinform the list

Cheers