[meteorite-list] Exciting New meteorite material....Mokoia, Wairarapa and Alta Ameem

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 02:12:11 +0000

Hi Mike,

Yes Alta'ameem does seem a little fragile...my piece has one corner
about to drop away, not as fragile as the Mokoia though!

I had thought I might try and trade or auction some small pieces from
them to improve my collection, but I have no idea of the value. I
suppose it depends if a collector is after unusual falls or New Zealand
pieces or hammers. Mokoia must be rarer than Moss and that seems to
have caught peoples imagination. Wairarapa is quite historic being the
first found in New Zealand. I have never seen Mokoia or Wairarapa
available before.

Thanks for the advice...will you be at the show?

All the best

Graham Ensor