[meteorite-list] Cape York - exposed Widmanstätten structure?

From: Michael Murray <mmurray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:01:37 -0700

Hello Meteorite list,
Here's a question/topic I would imagine the list has seen before. I
have read somewhere that a piece of the Cape York meteorite, possibly
Ahnighito, has a place on it which shows an exposed Widmanst?tten
structure due to a softer layer of the outside being ablated away.
(Don't hold me to that being fact, I'm going off memory here) If I
am remembering this correctly, I would like to ask if anyone on the
list has taken a picture of that feature? If so, would you be
willing to share a link to it so that I can take a look at it? My
interest stems from my having this little stone with what appears to
be a structure showing.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/mmurray_02/IMG_0178-1.jpg

Michael Murray
nom de plume - Rockbiter