[meteorite-list] Mars Connection to Seaton

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 02:53:36 -0800 (PST)

A brief update about our British Beach meteorite

I phoned the jewellers, "Eve Gallery" this morning.
There appear to be a few ....ahem.... discrepancies in
the story.
The strange stone was brought in 3 years ago by Terry
wossisname but she was under the impression it was
brought back from New Zealand, not actually found on a
local beach.
The jewellers sent it to Scotland for cutting. This is
inconsistent with the story also.
 Eve Gallery, however have never heard of Rob Elliott
so it seems it probably did not go to him

Assuming the jeweller simply forgot who they sent it
to, Rob Elliott's recollection of a similar story puts
it as Manganese Ore if it was indeed this same rock
and it was him that recieved it. Definitely not
Martian.

So surprise, surprise, it turns out to be false. The
jeweller will pass my contact details to the guy (they
know him well) and I've asked the editor for Terry's
contact details.
After wasting my time the very least he can do is let
me see the darned thing...and I'll give him a slap
too.

Have fun

Rob McC