[meteorite-list] Private land meteorite hunting contract

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:34:04 -0700

Dear List;
I realize that private land meteorite hunting is an interesting bird and
contracts between the land owner and the hunter are a must before any
meteorites are found. Verbal is garbage when $$$ or even $$$,$$$ are
involved. I do realize that specific contractual issues are
propriety. I can go to a lawyer and get one drawn up but would like to
draw from any experience/presidence proven so I do not interfere with
someone else's parade.
Would anyone have a basic legal word document they would be willing to
share with me, or is this an appropriate topic for a list
thread/discussion?
Trespass fee, plus percentage of the find, reclamation bonds, livestock
and crop destruction compensation, lot of issues, anyone care to chime in?
 My experience for the most part has been public lands hunting and I am
well versed on that one.
Hunting season is almost here, any help would be appreciated. Exact
numbers are not expected but a generic form if available would be
wonderfully appreciated and a good chance of possible favor repayment
at a future date.
Dave F.
Rock Springs, Wyoming