[meteorite-list] Stollen 865g Achondrites - Moroccan v. 'merican? Children, children

From: Thaddeus Besedin <endophasy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:43:45 -0800 (PST)

Mike and Bob,
  ... spoken like true chauvinists. This Moroccan is not all "internet Moroccans," and Mike, you are speaking from the perspective of a retailer who can purchase wholesale. The people that make it possible for you to be profitable may not have the luxury of capital and connections; they have poverty and you have a dollar - and I've seen your prices! All it takes, you think, is your "expert" comparison of purchased stones to previously classified stones to make promote the lowly unclassified rock to an echelon of profitability.
  Bob, so, Moroccans can't expect to ever earn as much as we commodity-dealing, marginally educated American non-scientists? They're all the same? What's next - a pogrom? Examine the implications of your careless, crude exclusionary logic. When will you stop ignoring my emails and answer my questions about your "NWA 1110" specimens? Did you ever have them examined by someone who may be more competent than yourself?
  -thaddeus

Bob wrote:
    Mr. sryfjnstryj tsyjhdteyjh,
Please spare us the poor Moroccan BS.
The last time I purchased multi kilos from a internet Moroccan, more than
30% turned out to be non- meteoritic. Who is really getting ripped off ??
   Mike wrote:

$35.00 gram for a howardite from Morocco? My friend, I
will sell you about 10 KILOGRAMS of them right now for
that price, I will get on an airplane and come to
Morocco this week and hand deliver them to you if you
will pay me that price!
Give me a break.
Mike Farmer
--- sryfjnstryj tsyjhdteyjh <meteoriteslive at yahoo.com>