[meteorite-list] something in the northwest sky in Hawaii

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 05:19:31 +0000

Weather has been kind of crappy the last couple of days due to quasi-Kona
winds, but I personally didn't see it, nor did I hear about anything like
this from any of my skywatching friends or acquaintances. Whatever it was
was apparently local enough that it wasn't readily visible from non-Oahu
locations.

The most notable thing for the last couple of days on Maui has been a big
brush fire inside Haleakala National Park. It had to be fought using
helicopters and aerial buckets, because the area is so isolated there are
few if any roads. If you didn't know about the fire, it would be really
easy to scare yourself into thinking the volcano was going again.

Tracy Latimer