[meteorite-list] THE TUCSON LULL

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:37:45 -0600

Hi, List,

    We enter the quiet time on the List, because everybody
who's anybody is in Tucson. Those of us who aren't there
and compulsively check for new email, don't get our dose.
    Meanwhile, as a substitute computer fix, may I suggest
watching Nasa TV's live feed of the work going on at the
International Space Station? The current six-hour spacewalk is winding down
now, but it's been fascinating, and there
are more spacewalks ahead for these guys.
    Just go to http://www.nasa.gov/ and you'll find the link
to live feed (if there is one) by looking down to "Humans
In Space" for the current date and click "Watch NASA
TV."
    You get helmet camera views of the work. You can
watch'em whack sticky bolts with a hammer and everything.
I like the occasional boom camera views where you can
watch the Earth spinning below (at a pretty good clip)
in the background.
    You need broadband to really experience it, but if not,
http://www.space.com/ has a viewer adapted to modem
use and a choice of formats. (NASA TV may have that
too, but I started at Space.com, then switched to NASA
TV while already connected. Interestingly, the feed never
stopped but just popped up already rolling at the new
site.)
    Watch the future, now.

Sterling K. Webb