[meteorite-list] July 9th New Yorker

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 23:19:13 -0400

http://www.slate.com/id/2169684/

."
 A feature on meteorites examines our endless attraction to the
otherworldly. The piece centers on a purported meteorite that crashed through a
home in New Jersey. After inciting a local media frenzy, the meteorite was
ultimately found to be (spoiler alert!) faux. A Rutgers scientist's quote is the
highlight of the piece: "It sure looked like a meteorite, and it sure fooled me,
that sneaky little devil. Well, if you keep on studying these objects, over time
you'll see far fewer meteorites than meteor wrongs."