[meteorite-list] AD: Selling part of my collection, UPDATE

From: Frank Prochaska <fp456_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 20:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All!

  Well, I broke the ice so to speak by putting up a few pieces of my collection, and some thin sections and some books, for sale on the lista couple weeks ago. I have spoken to some great people, and I am convinced now that many of my pieces will get a better home if I put them up for sale. I am simply in a different place in my life than when I was seriously collecting, and I don't have the passion that I once had for meteorites. I still love them, but there are many out there who will appreciate them more from here on out.

  I have added 25 more pieces to the sale, and a set of Popular Astronomy magazines, many of which had original meteorite find entries. Pieces added include: Abbott, ALHA 76009, a smaller piece of Bovedy, Carbo, Coahuila, Djati-Penjilon, Faith, Faucett, Ghubara, 2 pieces of Happy Canyon, Henbury, Hessle, Jilin, 2 pieces of Julesburg, Kapoeta, Kelly, Moorabie, Murchison, Nogoya, New Concord, Norton County, Shaw, and Tuxtuac. These specimens span every continent and many major types. I have also updated the page with some (slightly) better photos (I'm still working on that part), and with the previous items that have sold.

  I also have a new appreciation for all you dealers out there. It has taken my much longer than expected to take the photos, edit them for size, build a better web page, load everything up, and then fix it so it actually works than I ever expected.

  In a few weeks, I will likely add more specimens to my sale page.

  Thanks to all who have looked so far, and thank you to all of you that I've "spoken" with over email the last couple weeks.

  Frank Prochaska

  fp456 at yahoo.com
  fprochaska at comcast.net

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.