[meteorite-list] EBAY Slag for sale

From: Metorman46 at aol.com <Metorman46_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 14:00:08 EDT

Randy and list members;

Thanks for the post Randy.I went to a local cut limestone iron furnace a
while back and picked up a lot of these types of specimens.The furnace was
operated from 1825-1849 and was fired with wood.There were hundreds of these types
of furnaces scattered throughout the states during the railroad boom,most
were in the northern states.( according to an internet search i did ). The
pictures do a good job of identifying these wrongs but if anyone is interested in
a hand sample let me know.I LIKE TO TRADE STUFF.Thanks again Randy.

Best Regards;Herman Archer IMCA # 2770