[meteorite-list] GPS [AD]

From: Jim Strope <nwa482_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:25:31 -0400

Not tacky at all. However, a quick glance at two of your auctions does
concern me a little.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320136347174

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320135880063

NWA 2975 was only ONE stone acquired by myself and Mike Farmer in 2005. In
spite of claims to the contrary, NO ONE knows who we got that meteorite so
it is impossible to say that any subsequent "POSSIBLE PAIRINGS" over two
years later, came from our source.

I realize that you use the words "likely paired" in your description, which
is proper, but the label on the gem box clearly states NWA 2975 with a small
"lp". Now there are a lot of new collectors on eBay and a subtle "lp" on
the identifying gem box will most likely loose it's meaning as this specimen
changes hands in the future. It would be interesting to me to see what your
certificate of authenticity states, as well.

The main mass of NWA 2975 was sold to one collector and the remaining
cutting crumbs were sold to other collectors and these sales have been
logged into a spreadsheet that I have, so I know where each piece was sold
initially. By the way, I have a similar spreadsheet for NWA 2986.

http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?code=33425

Best Wishes........

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street