[meteorite-list] lying thiefs

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:24:29 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

Sometimes resolution will never be at hand so these
less than honest people should be exposed for what
they are. While we are on the subject, I have not
heard much about the Langs since Tucson. According to
Stan, he was pretty close to them, even going as far
as preparing samples at their leased location in New
York.

It not only hurts collector confidence but drives a
wedge between collectors, dealers and scientists when
promised type samples are not forthcoming. In other
words, the scientists cannot publish papers until the
meteorite becomes official. Some dealers will submit
a gram to have a piece characterized and not provide
the additional 19 grams in order to make it official
so all of the scientists hard work cannot be
published. Luckily only a few are guilty of this
unsavory practice but it makes classifying labs leary
about doing any preliminary work.

Not only is it necassary to pay one's debts but it is
equaly important that these bozos work with the
scientific comuunity in an ethical manner.

Best Regards,

Adam