[meteorite-list] September Show - Denver

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:13:38 EDT

Hello everybody,

YES!! It is time to start planning for that show. Exactly 2 months from
right now, you will all be here!

This year the Show will be from Wednesday Sept. 12 to Sunday Sept. 16 in the
Holiday Inn (where most meteorite dealers, and of course Blaine Reed, will
be), and from Friday Sept. 14 to Sunday Sept. 16 in the Merchandise Mart.
As usual the COlorado METeorite Society (COMETS) members have plans to keep
you busy and entertained. We had a meeting yesterday, and here are the plans:

- Friday Sept. 14, 7pm Auction in Fred Olsen (Mineral and Fossil Supply)
showroom. (yes, there will be a keg!) And you are invited to come much earlier
to examine what is being offered in the Auction. I will be there from about
noon. And if you are a seller, bring your items as early as possible. Better
yet, send me a list of what you will enter in the auction as soon as possible
and I will publish the Auction Catalog on my website. (size, weight,
description would be helpful).

- Saturday Sept. 15, starting at 7pm: Our usual Mexican dinner and Party at
La Loma, home of the World famous giant Margaritas! The COMETS will supply
some appetizers, but you are responsible for your own food and drinks. Come
and meet everybody.
Added feature this year: As soon as everybody has had time to eat dinner,
and say hello, we will do the Greensburg Raffle, just like we did the Katrina
Raffle 2 years ago. Maria Haas will be here during the whole show so you will
be able to buy tickets up to the last minutes. We have already presented a
check to the Greensburg people, but we certainly want to give them another one
after the Denver Show. For more information about the Fund-Raiser, and to see
all the great prizes, just go to Geoff Notkin's website, _www.aerolite.org_
(http://www.aerolite.org)

That is all for now!
If you haven't made your plane or hotel reservations, you better get busy.
Of course, if you have any questions, just ask.
See you all very soon.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com