[meteorite-list] AD: Rare Books - Krinov, Buchwald, and Burke

From: Phil Morgan <pkmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:24:16 -0600

Hello Everyone,
I need to freshen up my library and have a couple of books to offer.

First, Krinov's classic work Principles of Meteoritics. Very comprehensive
coverage of fall phenomena, morphology, and a first-hand account of the
Sikhote-Alin strewn field among many other topics. Anyone with a nice
Sikhote-Alin collection needs this book. Lots of pictures. Packed with
information but most of it is very readable.

Ex-library from Purdue University with usual artifacts but is in very good
condition for a 47 year-old book. The spine is slightly faded but the cover
is in good condition - no frayed corners or anything. No dust jacket -
don't know if it originally came with one or not. Interior is very clean.

Very rare. A web search won't usually pull up any for sale. There happen
to be two on Amazon at the moment for $350 each. Would anyone give $325 for
my copy? Plus $5 insured shipping in the US. It's a heavy book so may be
expensive to ship overseas but if someone really wants to, I can try to
price international shipping.

Second is not quite so rare but a nice copy of Burke's Cosmic Debris. A
very comprehensive history of meteorites. Also ex-library but in great
condition. Interior is spotless and cover is in great condition except for
a couple of stickers. No dust jacket. Doesn't look like it was ever read
except that there are half a dozen dates on the checkout slip so it must
have been at least taken out.

How about $40 plus same shipping as above.

And third, unfortunately, is not Buchwald's well-known, comprehensive
Handbook of Iron Meteorites but rather a mini version. Specifically:

Study of Six Iron Meteorites by V.F. Buchwald

Babb's Mill, Follinge, Indian Valley, Netschaevo, Scottsville, and Seelasgen

ANALECTA GEOLOGICA NO. 2

MINERALOGISK MUSEUM - KOBENHAVN

1967

I put this one on e-bay just for fun
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Book-Buchwald-Study-of-Six-Iron-Meteorites_W0QQitemZ330148087951

On my want list are:
O'Keefe's 1976 book and A Color Atlas of Meteorites in Thin Section. If
anyone has either they are looking to part with I might be interested.

Regards to all,
Phil