[meteorite-list] Santa Fé

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:50:57 +0200

---- Original Message -----
From: <bernd.pauli at paulinet.de>
Marcin wrote in a personal mail that Santa F? might be a ruster and he may
be right because
one look at my piece under the microscope does show it is prone to rust. As
a precaution,
Mirko sent my sample in a padded plastic box together with some silica gel.

========
yes thats my impression when I see this meteorite. Even if it is impressive
and beautifull, this black veins make my flesh creep :)

Anyway You should try EDM to cut this meteorite becouse cut loses there will
be minimal and this technique is not sensitive to the iron hardness. But
from the other side, there will be problem with this weathered black veins
beetween crystals that its not iron, becouse this will make problem to the
wire to cut it.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195