[meteorite-list] Baszkówka- Was: Cali chondrite fell extremely cold!

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:19:41 +0200

> But, we should keep in mind that this happened in mid-summer, on August
> 25,
> 1994, at 15:50 hrs (local time). The hot afternoon summer sun and,
> consequently,
> the hot soil will have played a crucial role!

But 25cm underground ? There could be only heat from meteorite, not from the
sun.

In Cali was for sure higher temperature than in Poland and Cali samples was
cold.
Baszkowka is 15kg compact stone that is big enough to still keep lots of
space cold, but it was hot.
Cali was 50-200g tiny stones that was cold, so they not grab enough heat
from ablation, or was cooled by air in "dark fall".

I think that this is good topic for a book or doctorate :)

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195