[meteorite-list] frebies and givaways

From: LITIG8NSHARK at aol.com <LITIG8NSHARK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:43:42 EDT

In a message dated 6/1/2007 1:51:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stevenarnold60120 at yahoo.com writes:
Hi list.I hope all are well.I just want to let
everyone know who won freebies,all will finally be
mailed out this weekend.I also hope you all enjoy your
free stuff.

steve arnold

Steve R.Arnold,chicago,Ill,Usa!!
Collecting Meteorites since 06/19/1999!!

Good afternoon Folks,

An Open Letter to (Chicago) Steve Arnold

Re June 19, 1999--a day which will live in infamy.

Steve,

Despite the scores of annual requests you receive from List members, pleading
with you to cease your endless aggrandizement, egocentric self-promotion,
abuse of bandwidth, and generally insufferable banter, you continue your abuse at
a rate which shouts from the rooftops how little respect you have for the
vast majority of List members.

Case in point: Is it really necessary to inform the entire List that your ?
freebies? de jure will be mailed out this weekend? Honestly, Steve, you
certainly must have the email addresses of those folks who you are sending your
rocks to. Contact them directly if you must, not via the list. While I don't
claim to speak for all List members on this topic, I, for one, don't give a rip
when it is that you are mailing your rocks out.

Please allow common sense and common courtesy to dictate your posting habits.
 In the alternative, drop your computer system in the nearest lake and listen
to the collective sigh of relief across the planet.

Paul Martyn