[meteorite-list] Rosetta Stone Analogy

From: Peter Marmet <p.marmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:35:46 +0200

Hallo Adam,

thank you FYI...as I said before, I have nothing against these
nicknames.

I finally found some very good info on David's excellent site:

http://www.meteoritestudies.com/protected_DHOF908.HTM

It says that Dho 908 has - unlike most other stones that are paired
with Dho 908 - not only one or two but three different lithologies,
which means that Dho 908 comes from the "Basle part" of a bigger
stone. Basle (or Basel) is a (Swiss) town where the borders of
Switzerland, Germany and France meet;-)

Best, Peter