[meteorite-list] Ad Bassikounou

From: info at niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:01:36 +0200

Hi Mike, others

it might be heplful to comment that the fall was on October 16 at 04:00 hrs and not on October 12. October 16 is what the official sources and the eyewittnesses say. They should know.

Only the Mauretanian seller of the 3kg mass that first came to the attention of the public claims that the fall occured on October 12.

Dr. Beda Hofmann from the University of Bern, Switzerland, who did the classification, is informed and we provided him with the official Mauretanian press releases.

I reccomend to be careful with multiplying inofficial information or alternatively confirm them with the author before spreading, in this case with Dr. Beda Hofmann .

Meteorite Recon will publish a report on the fall including official sources soon.

best regards

Svend

www.niger-meteorite-recon.de

Hi All
I just picked up a really nice lot of the new fall from Mauretania,
Bassikounou. It fell Oct. 12, 2006, 04:00 hrs.
The lot has several nice whole fully crusted stones that are really
beautiful. So make sure you check them out even if you are not
interested in buying any.
I have already sold several of the smaller stones on my Jensen
Meteorites sales list but there are still a couple of larger choice
pieces left for sale.
http://jensenmeteorites.com/Seymchan.htm
Please email me at meteoriteplaya at comcast.net with any questions.

Here is my sales list if you want first shot at all my offers;
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Jensen-Meteorites/
Thanks for looking.

Mike

--