[meteorite-list] Arrow head found in box of Moroccan Meteorite fragments.

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 22:35:18 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah there are lots of arrowheads and various types of
stone artifacts that is found all over the sahara
desert. The stuff is relatively common as the area has
been inhabited by people for hundreds of thousands of
years and until relitively recently man spent a good
chunk of their time making stone tools (Getting food
took up a lot more time 100,000 years ago than it does
today).
Most are flint looking and are neolithic or just
slightly older. If it is stone looking and really
crude it could be much older. You will find arrowheads
upwards of 100,000 years old and hand axes as much as
over half a million.
What you have is probably genuine. If you send me a
photo I can give you an estimate of its age.
Sincerely
DEAN