[meteorite-list] Arrowheads from NWA

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:40:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sterling, list -

Bessey's "arrowheads" are likely far older than
13,000-9,000 years old (11,000 BCE - 7,000 BCE). The
Sahara begins to dry up at the start of the Holocene
by 8,350 BCE at the latest. (Atlantic impact.) The
impact that produced the Alaskan and Siberian mucks,
and altered the north Pacific currents, and the
world's weather, are covered in my book "Man and
Impact in the Americas".

It is too bad these mucks are not absolutely dated
yet. But 11,000 BCE would be a late date for Bessey's
"arrowheads" (points) - most are likely far older.

E.P. Grondine

<sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, Tom, List
> >>
> >> Dean Bessey used to (may yet) sell neolithic
> >> arrowheads from NWA. Most are probably 9000 to
> >> 13,000 years old, from the time that the Sahara
> >> was a well-watered grassland with scattered
forest
> >> stands and lots of big game, well illustrated in
> >> the rock drawings the neolithic peoples left
behind: