[meteorite-list] Global Warming - Scientifically proven or a farce

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:07:18 -0700

on 6/10/07 9:53 AM, Marc Fries at mfries at gl.ciw.edu wrote:
> If your only source is "An Inconvenient Truth", then I'm not
> surprised to see you go straight to the "anyone who doesn't think as
> I do is an idiot" approach.
------
No, Marc,

        As clearly outlined below, in my original post I NUMBERED
4 examples I consider to be rather overwhelming evidence.

    The documentary to which you refer was THE LAST of 4 of
the examples given (see my original post below). How you can
pick out the last example given and pronounce it as "your only
source" is beyond me and so clearly distorting of what I said I
really don't see any point in taking further part in a dialog so
emotionally charged people can't even read what has been
stated.

I feel like I am attempting to communicate with the
administration prior to the hurricane that flooded New Orleans.
If people don't want to hear something, they just don't want to
hear it.

        How people manage to make this out to be a "political
issue" is beyond me and I, personally, have no further need
to discuss it within such a context. It would be just as productive
to debate evolution with a fundamentalist committed to
creationism.

        Since people perceive this (though I don't know how)
as a "left wing conspiracy" let's just leave it behind. Such
attitudes make any attempts at scientific debate an impossibility.

        Best wishes, Michael