[meteorite-list] Beware of Russians bearing Seimchan

From: meteor a <comet1995-2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 11:41:51 -0600

Very strange that it is a new from Bulgarian site. Nothing from Russian side - I just searched the net.
If I'll find some details I'll try to forward them to all.
All the best,
Serge

> From: cynapse at charter.net> To: Meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 11:08:30 -0400> Subject: [meteorite-list] Beware of Russians bearing Seimchan> > http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=81664> > > Chunk of Meteorite Stolen from Russian Museum> > > 9 June 2007, Saturday> > A chunk of a meteorite weighing over 7 kilograms has been stolen from a museum> in the remote Magadan Region in Russia's Far East on Saturday.> > A local Interior Ministry spokesperson explained the thieves broke into a> history museum in the village of Seimchan at night and stole a part of the> meteorite named after the residential place. > > It is supposed that the offenders have been inspired by a recent TV program,> which discussed the high value of meteorite pieces on Russia's black market.> > The Seimchan meteorite was found in 1967 near the Seimchan gold mine in the> Magadan Region.> > The local police authorities are still investigating the case.> ______________________________________________> Mete
Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i?m Initiative now. It?s free.??
http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07