[meteorite-list] Alarmists are not new.

From: GREG LINDH <geeg48_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:58:41 -0700

       Hi Sterling,

    The posing of my question as to what happened to Ehrlich was only to
point out that his relevance as far as predicting apocalyptic scenarios was
and is nonexistent. The question was mostly rhetorical. I'm aware that his
specialty is butterflies. He would do well to stick to his area of
expertise. He should stay away from "end of days" stuff.
    "Learned people" are now painting similar dark scenarios concerning
global warming. Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong....only time will
tell.
    My main gripe is that the "global warming intelligentsia", just like
Ehrlich, are only willing to consider their side. As a matter of fact, for
them, there is no other side. It's their way or the highway. The fact is,
there are other sides to this argument. There are scientists who doubt the
claims of the politically correct, "global warming is caused by man" people.
    If I'm to be convinced that man is the cause for a rise in current
temperatures, it will take a lot more than an "inconvenient crock" by Al
Gore.
    See, I readily admit that I don't have all the answers. I just happen
to hate to death political correctness like you wouldn't believe. I think
so much of today's science is driven by what happens to be "in" at the
moment and all contrary views need to be suppressed.
    That would seem to lead to really bad science.
    That's the way it seems to me as a nonscientist.

    Greg Lindh