[meteorite-list] Martian Cave Entrance Detail

From: Kevin Forbes <vk3ukf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:39:20 +1000

Hello all,

Regards the images and test on this page relating to new HiRise image from
Mars.

http://www.planetary.org/blog/article/00000984/

I reckon it's strange so many took someones word that there is NO detail in
the BLACK part of the image without attempting to process the image
themselves. Why there is a NASA statement that says NO detail visible in the
black, when there clearly IS detail after processing is beyond me.
This was done in a 2 step forward 1 step back process.
All I manipulated were brightness, contrast, density.

Here are the final two processed images. This data is from the full
resolution 440 mb JP2 download.

It appears that the camera scan lines are now visible as dark diagonal
lines, there is a little more there as well, noise, dark image, ????

Something anyway, not nothing.

http://www.mediamax.com/vk3ukf/Hosted/KsBlackHole001.JPG

and,

http://www.mediamax.com/vk3ukf/Hosted/KsBlackHole002.JPG

Regards Kevin.

Advertisement: 1000s of Sexy Singles online now at Lavalife
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D29219&_t=762256209&_r=june07_endtext_search&_m=EXT