[meteorite-list] Rocks From Space Picture of the Day - June 11, 2007

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 01:38:55 -0700

Don,
If you can't tell that the stone pictured is a meteorite (without any
doubt), you're an idiot.
Furthermore, do you truly believe it necessary to cut stones such as
this, that display beautiful fusion crust and a broken window into the
interior that undoubtedly reveals a common chondritic composition?
In my opinion, doing so would simply be pointless - unless one wanted
to cut off the broken bit to create a nice windowed stone, why cut it
at all. The classification would undoubtedly reveal it to be a common
chondrite, and we all know how many of those there are coming out of
NWA...aesthetics in this case are quite a bit more important than
whatever minuscule science could be gleaned from the H5 or L6 that it
most likely is.
Jason