[meteorite-list] new confirmed fall in Spain - link with image

From: info at niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:06:22 +0200

whatever it is, we now know its brecciated:

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/sociedad/Hallados/fragmentos/meteorito/atraveso/Peninsula/mayo/elpepusoc/20070611elpepusoc_4/Tes

Svend

--------------------
It seems we have a new confirmed meteorite fall in Spain. According to this
local press release from AGENCIA EFE, the fireball from May 10, 2007 dropped
quite some material. The description speaks of a rare meteorite type with
?shiny? black crust which may indicate an eucrite.

Here is the source:

http://www.laflecha.net/canales/ciencia/noticias/encuentran-fragmentos-del-meteo
rito-que-atraveso-la-peninsula-el-10-de-mayo

Thanks for your interest.

Svend

-------

I will be in Ensisheim/France until June 17 with little or no internet
connection during that time.

The account on the Bassikounou meteorite fall is now online:
http://www.niger-meteorite-recon.de/en/Bassikounou_Meteorite_1.htm

--
www.niger-meteorite-recon.de